The aim to the Nursing program is to:
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, Preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate individual and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in a clinical/ public health setting.
On completion of Nursing Program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and community.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situation in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and progrmmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
The goal of Nursing programme is to prepare nurses who are able function efficiently and effectively, as a member of health care team and who is qualified to meet the nursing needs of the people in the society. The nurse is competent to practice in the home, hospital outpatient clinic, work place, school and community. The programme provides a basis for further development and continued learning of the graduate.
I T M U n i v e r s i t y ,
Opp. Sithouli Railway Station, NH-75 Sithouli, Jhansi Road, Gwalior - 475001, ( M.P. ), INDIA
Ph- +91-751-2432977, 2432989, 2432389, 2432390 Fax- +91-751-2432988
Email : email@example.com
Website Design and Development by Project Cell of ITM-University