NEST 2012 Exam Syllabus
Syllabus of PART-I – Basic Mathematics:
Number System, Square and Square root, Simplification, Cube and Cube root, Indices, HCF and LCM, Fractions, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Simple Interest and Compound Interest , Age Related Problems, Ratio and Proportion, Linear equations, Quadratic equation ,Work and Time, Speed and Time, Probability, Statistics (Mean ,Median, Mode), Mensuration, Geometry ,Trigonometry , Set Theory, Algebra, Vectors, Problems on Work, Energy ,Force
Syllabus of PART-II - Reasoning:
A. Logical Reasoning ( Analogies, Analyzing Arguments,Artificial Language,Course of Action, Letter and Symbol Series , Logical Games / Puzzles , Logical Problems
,Number Series , Statement and Argument, Statement and Assumption, Statement and Conclusion, Verbal Classification)
B. Non-Verbal (Logical sequence of word , Blood relation test, Series completion , Dice problem , Venn Diagram, Cube & Cuboid Problem , Analogy
,Seating Arrangement , Arithmetic reasoning , Verification & Truth)
Syllabus of PART-III - General Awareness:
1. General science ( Physics , Chemistry Biology • Environmental Science)
2. Current Affairs
3. History - (A) World history (B) Indian History (Ancient history , Medieval history , Modern history)
4. Political Science – Constitution of India as well as all constitutional, legal, administrative and other issues emerging from the politico- administrative system prevalent in the country.
5. Geography – physical, economic and social geography of India and World.
6. Economics - The Indian economy & issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
Syllabus of PART-IV – Communication Skills:
Parts of Speech :
Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Adverb, Adjective, Preposition, Conjunction, Interjection
Tenses, Active and Passive Voice, Direct and Indirect Narration, Articles, Determiners, Modal Auxiliaries, The non-finites, Vocabulary(Antonym, Synonyms, Homonyms, Prefix/Suffix), Common Errors, One Word Substitution, Clauses(Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
Transformation of Sentences, Writing Skills(letter, application, e-mail, notice), Idioms and Phrases, Punctuations, Comprehension.